Your skin is dehydrated when..
- Your skin lacks water
- It feels dry and rough but underneath, you can have any type of skin, even oily
- Your complexion may be uneven
- Your fine lines may be more visible
- Skin absorbs moisture quickly, but is still left parched
Dehydrated skin is not a skin type but rather a skin condition and is primarily treatable by making some lifestyle changes ; starting from the inside out by increasing your water intake to the recommended amount for your weight and lifestyle. Severe dehydration should be addressed by a doctor.
Tip: Avoid synthetic fragrances in your skincare and opt for skin-hydrating and skin-repairing products.
What we recommend for you:
- Cleanse your skin with plain lukewarm water (not hot, not cold)
- Moisturize and protect your skin with a hydrating face cream (coming soon) and look for ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, ceramide, sodium PCA, panthenol (provitamin B5), herbs rich in mucilages (mallow, marshmallow, banana).
- Optional: apply your makeup as usual and don’t forget your Sublime My Lips – Lip Tint
- Remove pollution and impurities (and makeup) from your skin with our Cleanse My Skin – Anti-Pollution Cleanser
- Once a month, apply our Purify My Skin – Exfoliating Mask
- Moisturize and protect your skin with our Cherish My Skin – Arabian Nights Elixir
Tip: Apply 3-5 drops (depending on what works best for you). Keep in mind that you can always add more but not take back.
Ingredients to look for: humectants, hyaluronic acid, antioxidants