Your skin is combination when..
- You have both oily and dry skin
- You usually have oily skin on your T-zone (forehead, nose and chin)
- You usually have dry skin on your cheeks
- Your T-zone is more shiny with enlarged pores whereas your cheeks tend to be dry and flaky
Combination skin is the most common skin type, but it can be tricky to identify.
Tip 1: avoid products with synthetic fragrances and photosensitising ingredients
Tip 2: Opt for gentle exfoliators. Exfoliating is important, even for oily skin, as it helps get rid of excess sebum and dead skin cells but harsh (or too frequent) exfoliators will irritate the skin and cause more breakouts.
What we recommend for you:
- Cleanse your skin with plain lukewarm water (not hot, not cold)
- Moisturize and protect your skin with a light and hydrating face lotion (coming soon) and look for ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, sodium PCA, salicylic acid, herbs rich in mucilage and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Optional: apply your makeup as usual and don’t forget your Sublime My Lips – Lip Tint
- Remove pollution and impurities (and makeup) from your skin with our Cleanse My Skin – Anti-Pollution Cleanser
- Twice a month, apply our Purify My Skin – Exfoliating Mask on your T-zone
- Apply our Cherish My Skin – Arabian Nights Elixir to balance and protect your skin
Tip 1: When applying the serum, always start small, e.g 2-3 drops, and build your way up if needed. You can always add more but not take back.
Tip 2: Add 1 drops of Tea Tree essential oil and mix with your serum when applying it.